• Mechanical 2-speed transmission (0-500 & 0-2, 000 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and fastening applications
• BL Brushless Motor delivers 530 in. lbs. of max torque
• Efficient BL Brushless Motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
• The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
• The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
• Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
• Compact and ergonomic design at only 6-3/4 In.
• Weighs only 3.9 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
• Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
• Built-in dual L.E.D. lights with afterglow illuminate the work area
• Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
• Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
• 3-year limited warranty
• Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
• Chuck Size: 1/2"
• Chuck Design: Keyless
• Maximum RPM: 2000
• Variable Speed: Yes
• Maximum Torque (in-lbs): 530
• Voltage: 18V
The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/2 in. Driver-Drill (XFD12Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately) is an ideal drilling and driving solution for the user who wants a drill with superior power-to-weight ratio. The XFD12Z combines 530 in.lbs. of Max Torque with an efficient brushless motor that delivers up 50% more work per charge, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For the pro user, this means more drilling and driving power, greater productivity, and fewer trips up and down the scaffolding or ladder to get to the battery charger. In driver mode, the adjustable torque settings provide more control for a full range of applications, from large fasteners to smaller, delicate screws. It weighs only 3.4 lbs. (with 2.0Ah battery, sold separately) for increased comfort and superior power-to-weight ratio. The XFD12Z is compatible with Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries, from the fast-charging 18V LXT Compact 2.0Ah battery to full-size 18V LXT batteries for longer run time.