• (1) XPH12Z Hammer Driver-Drill
• BL Brushless Motor delivers 530 in. lbs. of max torque
• Efficient BL Brushless Motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
• The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
• The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
• Variable 2-speed design (0-500 & 0-2, 000 RPM) (0-7,500 & 0-30,000 IPM) covers a wide range of drilling, driving and hammer applications
• Compact and ergonomic design at only 7-1/8 in. long
• Weighs only 4.2 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
• Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
• Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
• Dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
• All metal gear housing for increased job site durability
• Equipped with STAR Protection computer controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
• Capacity (masonry): 1/2"
• Capacity (wood): 1-1/2"
• Capacity (steel): 1/2"
• No Load Speed (var. 2 spd): 0 - 500 / 0 - 2,000 RPM
• Blows Per Minute (2 speed): 0 - 7,500 / 0 - 30,000 BPM
• Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m): 530 in.lbs./60N•m
• Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
• Overall Length: 7-1/8"
Makita is the innovation leader in Brushless Motor technology, and the 18V LXT Brushless Hammer Driver-Drill (XPH12Z, tool only) combines power and run-time for more drilling, driving and fastening tasks in wood, metal, and masonry. The efficient Makita BL Brushless Motor is electronically controlled and engineered for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. It’s part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. The variable 2-speed Brushless Motor delivers up to 2,000 RPM and 530 in. lbs. Of max torque for efficient fastening. It weighs only 4.2 Lbs. (with battery) with an L.E.D. light that illuminates the job area for applications in dark spaces. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created STAR Protection computer controls. STAR Protection is communication technology that allows the star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating STAR Protection inside.