Baileigh Industrial BA9-1016618 Baileigh Metal Lathe PL-1340E
• (1) Metal Lathe
• (1) Digital Readout
• (1) Quick Change Tool Post
• (1) Halogen Work Light
• 8 spindle speeds, from 70 to 2,000 rpm.
• Runs on 220-volt single-phase power.
• Digital readout (DRO) comes hooked up and helps with repeatability.
• Quick-change tool post saves you the trouble of screwing and unscrewing tool sets.
• Precision-ground and hardened ways offer years of tight tolerances.
• Can cut both metric and standard threads.
• 3-jaw and 4-jaw chucks can hold square and rounded materials.
• Face plate lets you bolt large but not long pieces in place.
• Steady rest and follow rest brace the shaft and help prevent wobbling.
• Foot brake makes it easy to stop the machine in an emergency.
• Integrated coolant system extends the lathe’s lifetime of use.
• Halogen work light comes standard.
• Rigid castings ensure smooth chatter-free cuts and prolong tooling life.
• Covered by a 1-year parts warranty.
• Sleeve Travel: 4.5"
• Spindle Bore: 1.50"
• Spindle Bore Taper: Morse #5
• Sleeve Taper: Morse #3
• Sleeve Diameter: 1.65"
• Range Of Inch Threads: 4 - 56 T.P.I.
• Metric Thread Range: 0.4 – 7 mm
• Spindle Nose: D1-4"
• Travel Of Cross Slide: 6.29"
• Travel Of Top Slide: 2.68"
Baileigh Industrial’s PL-1340E metal working lathe offers the perfect solution for small to medium sized machine shops as well as schools that are looking to upgrade outdated equipment without using up their budget. As with all Baileigh Industrial gear head metal lathes, the PL-1340E comes standard with precision ground and hardened ways offering years of tight tolerances. The castings on the PL-1340E are also of the highest quality to ensure smooth chatter free cuts to prolong tooling life. This gear-head metal lathe includes many features that competing models don’t, like a DRO and quick-change tool post. It’s a great value for small- to medium-sized shops.