• Anti-Splintering Insert (415524-7)
• Cover Plate (417852-6)
• Hex Wrench (783202-0)
• Jig Saw Blade
• Ergonomically designed barrel grip allows for closer-to-work control and more precise cuts
• Makita-built Brushless Motor and 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting deliver faster and more accurate cuts in a variety of materials
• Variable 6-speed control dial (800-3,500 SPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
• "Tool-less" blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
• Dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
• Dual ambidextrous on/off button with separate lock button for work piece protection
• Built-in dust blower clears the line of cut for increased accuracy
• 0°- 45° left or right bevel capacity for enhanced cutting performance
• Heavy gauge aluminum base with steel plate for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability
• Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
• Compact and ergonomic design at 11-3/4" long and weighing only 5.5 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
• Connects to Makita vacuum cleaners with optional dust accessories for a cleaner work environment
• Efficient BL™ Brushless Motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
• The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
• The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and SPM to the changing demands of the application
• Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
• No-load speed reduction feature automatically reduces SPM for more accurate cutting starts
• Power Type : Cordless
• Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
• Length of Stroke : 1"
• Max. Cutting Capacity at 90° (wood) : 5-5/16"
• Max. Cutting Capacity at 90° (mild steel) : 3/8"
• Max. Cutting Capacity at 90° (aluminum) : 25/32"
• Strokes Per Minute (variable speed) : 800 - 3,500 SPM
• Blade Shank : "T" Tang
Makita is a leader in Brushless Motor technology, and the Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless cordless barrel grip jig saw (model XVJ01Z, tool only, battery and charger sold separately) seamlessly combines precision and power with the efficiency of Brushless. The XVJ01Z is engineered to deliver the power and performance of a corded jig saw — without the hassles of a cord. It is ideal for professional woodworkers, cabinetry makers, specialized residential construction workers and any pro-contractor seeking a best-in-class cordless jig saw. The XVJ01Z features an ergonomically designed barrel grip, which is closer to the work surface for more precise cut. The Brushless Motor is engineered for efficiency, with a variable speed control dial (800-3,500 SPM) that enables users to match the speed to the application. Added features include 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting for faster and more accurate cuts in a variety of materials. In addition, the efficient BL™ Brushless Motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge than similar non-brushless tools. Electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match the changing demands of the application for increased power and speed when needed. And since there are no carbon brushes, the BL™ Brushless Motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life. Convenience features include a tool-less blade change system that allows for faster blade installation and removal, and a large 2-finger variable speed trigger with lock-on button. The heavy-gauge aluminum base is engineered for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability, and the dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area. It weighs only 5.5 lbs. with battery (sold separately).