Reed 04474 PLAS1PE PLAS In-Line Rotary Pipe Cutter, 6" - 12"
• (1) In-Line Rotary Pipe Cutter
• Safe to use as it creates no dust and chips fall where they are cut. There is no danger of chips being blown well into pipe.
• Only 6"-8" clearance needed to turn PLAS around pipe.
• Cuts out-of-round pipe because of spring loaded nuts.
• This is an inexpensive tool for contractors to use to make a cut for a tie-in or pipe break and then get the line back in use. Reduce overall labor costs!
PLAS In-Line Rotary™ Cutters are excellent for cutting PVC or PE pipe in trench or above ground. Each PLAS rotary cutter needs just 6" to 8" (153 - 203 mm) clearance around the pipe, making them easy to operate in trench and with lower prep costs. Outboard rollers keep the cutter aligned on pipe, ensuring a square cut every time. Each PLAS cutter also can produce, in-line with the cut, a 15° bevel on both sides of the cut. For cutting PVC pipe, the long-lasting carbide-tipped blades penetrate up to a 2" wall thickness. For cutting PE pipe*, Reed developed a hardened, tool steel blade. The engineered blade tip drives chips out of the way, making PE cuts easy to accomplish. PLAS In-Line Rotary Cutters can retrofit from PVC to PE or vice versa with alternative PLAS In-Line Rotary™ Pipe Cutter Blades. *PLAS Cutter Specific Limitations for PE:up to 14" pipe (355 mm) - 2" (51 mm) wall thicknessup to 18" pipe (500 mm) - 1 1/2" (38 mm) wall thicknessup to 28" pipe (800 mm) - 1" (25.4 mm) wall thickness